1. Errr! Why are hotel towels so soft and fluffy? I want mine to be fluffy again. 🚿🛀
According to new research, we each waste around £150 a year by doing our laundry wrong and ruining our clothes and towels!
Are you fed up with scratchy towels? Eventually, all the best towels can become stiff, scratchy and not very absorbent. But even the crustiest of towels can feel like new by washing them with his simple hack.
1. Less is more with a towel!
2. Use less detergent than suggested. Towels begin to feel stiff because they start to build up soapy residue.
3. Cut back on the fabric softener. Fabric softeners contain silicon that will make towels water repellent.
4. Wash in warm water as it absorbs the detergent better.
Bonus Tip: You can add half a cup of baking soda with the detergent. Not only will the baking soda loosen up fibres and clean off any chemicals and grime, making your towels feel softer; it will also naturally eliminate musty odours.
There it is. It's truly that simple. Follow these self-help tips and your towels will stay plush and fluffy their whole lives.
Here's a clip from This Morning, where Alice Beer reveals how to get it right when it comes to your laundry.
2. Clean stinky chopping boards with just one ingredient! 🍋🔪
I like onions; I like pineapples. I don't like pineapples that have a hint of onions. Having funky smelling chopping boards in the kitchen is common but no way right!
If your chopping board/cutting board smells of all sorts from crush garlic, cut raw to prepare fish, all you need is a lemon.
Take a lemon, and cut it in half. Rub each half profusely all over the chopping board with the cut side. If there is a little odour that persists to remain, you can also wash your chopping board in undiluted lemon juice from a bottle.
This way, you can leave the lemons aside to make yourself a lemon meringue pie 😊